What does TransAlta do?
TransAlta owns, operates and develops a diverse fleet of over 76 electrical power generation assets in Canada, the United States and Australia. We provide municipalities, medium and large industries, businesses and utility customers with clean, affordable, energy-efficient and reliable power.
TransAlta is one of the largest Commercial & Industrial retailers in the province, serving both electricity and natural gas sites. Our experienced team is looking forward to working with you and building our relationship.
With TransAlta, you’re buying much more than energy. You’re buying professional energy management and will benefit from:
- Active and ongoing oversight of your organization’s energy use
- Carefully considered recommendations that are in your best interest today and tomorrow
- Direct access to the wholesale electricity and natural gas markets
Account management and access to reporting for your business
How do I set up my new account for billing and payment?
In advance of your first invoice, you will receive login privileges to our customer portal. Within our portal you will have access to to the following services:
- Electronic billing: an electronic PDF copy of your current month invoice is emailed to you, or a distribution list as provided by you
- Online Customer Portal: providing numerous Web Reports or reporting usage, costs and historical invoices
- Web Training Session: a demo of our Customer Portal and available reports and functions
- A review of your first invoice: detailed descriptions of the invoice line items
- A variety of payment options
Custom account reporting available upon request, such as an upload file for your accounting system
- Please mark email@example.com as a “Safe Sender”
- Between the 16 – 18th of the month, check your junk/spam folder(s) for eBill messages in case they got improperly filed there
- Check with your internal IT support if you still have not received an invoice from us by the 18th of the month following Contract Start Date
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify eBill email address and contact information
You can make a payment for your services in the following ways:
- PAP: Pre-authorized Payment. Please complete the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) form and return to email@example.com. If we receive this request back before the last day of the month, we can have this set up for your first Invoice.
- EFT: Electronic Funds Transfer (Wire). Please contact us for TransAlta’s banking information. Note: we require an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 1-888-316-0068 that an EFT transaction has been submitted for each payment made.
- MAIL: Mail a Cheque to the Box # noted on your invoice. Cheques sent via mail are delivered by Canada Post to the Royal Bank of Canada Lock Box and it is the Customers responsibility to ensure that they allow for delivery and processing time.
- APA: Counter Payment (pay at bank). Most financial institutes accept our invoices as a payable item.
- ONLINE: Tele-pay or on-line payment, you will need to login to your online Banking and select/add TransAlta Energy Marketing as a payee from the available payees in your banking system.
You can also choose to receive the following alerts and information:
- Weekly Newsletter – The Alberta Wire.
- Pool Price Alerts – set a price alert and be notified when the Pool Price is projected to settle above it
- Delivery Charges Alerts – a notification of changes to the Wires Service Provider or Local Distribution Company Tariff Rates, Franchise Fees and Riders
Please e-mail email@example.com if you would like to receive any of these services.
Who do I contact with questions?
For any questions regarding your new or current contract, billing or changes to your account, please reach out to our Customer team at:
Phone: (877) 700-9288
Fax: (888) 316-0068
You may also utilize your new or current Account Manager for any questions you have. They will be able to reach the appropriate group to answer your questions.
We look forward to working with you and your business!