ESG is more than simply a business strategy at TransAlta, it’s our competitive advantage.
Sustainability, or ESG, is one of our core values: it is part of our corporate culture and is a top priority. We strive to integrate sustainability into governance, decision-making, risk management and our day-to-day business processes, while balancing growth considerations and the economy.
The outcome of continuous improvement on key ESG issues and ensuring our economic value creation is balanced with a value proposition for the environment and for people.
“TransAlta remains dedicated to responsible growth and energy project development and is on the right strategic path to deliver the clean electricity needs of the future.”John Dielwart, Chair of the Board of Directors
Sustainability—it’s in our DNA
TransAlta’s renewable energy commitment began more than one hundred years ago when the company built the first hydro asset in Alberta, which still operate today.
Our membership and participation with key sustainability organizations supports and validates our ESG strategy. We’re members of:
- The Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR), which includes GLOBE, Delphi, and Leading Change Canada
- The Canadian Electricity Association Sustainability Steering Committee
Our key strategic ESG pillars
- Clean, reliable and sustainable electricity production
- Safe, healthy, diverse and engaged workplace
- Progressive environmental stewardship
- Positive Indigenous, stakeholder and customer relationships
- Technology and innovation