TransAlta. We bring the energy.
Do you want to be a part of something big, something that will make a real difference in the world? TransAlta is a leader in the clean energy transition. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountabilities, strong leadership, and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
Work with Us
From field technicians and engineers to analysts and engagement specialists, our people are passionate about delivering safe, reliable, clean energy. TransAlta is made up of learners who thrive on solving problems and delivering results that lead to a clean energy future.
If this sounds like you, apply now to join our team and find out why so many top industry professionals choose to work at TransAlta.
For more than 110 years, TransAlta has supplied the electrical power needed to make progress and innovation possible in Alberta and beyond.
Today, we own, operate, and develop a diverse fleet of electrical power generation assets in Canada, the United States, and Australia. TransAlta is one of Canada’s largest producers of wind power and Alberta’s largest producer of hydroelectric power.
We are a responsible operator and a proud community member where our employees work and live. TransAlta aligns its corporate goals with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and is recognized as an industry leader on climate change management.
It is our collective mission to ensure that every single employee feels a sense of inclusion and belonging and can show up to work as their true authentic self.
TransAlta is committed to hiring a diverse workforce including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBTQ2+ community. We believe that diversity enhances the quality of our performance, is an essential element to effective corporate governance, and cultivates a strong workplace culture.
Apply for the Women in Trades Scholarship
TransAlta is committed to investing in our communities through meaningful contributions and enhancing the quality of life where our employees work and live. With this in mind, we are introducing TransAlta’s Women in Trades Scholarship, valued at up to $3,000 for eligible students entering post-secondary trade programs. The program aims to assist women in obtaining an education in trades by showcasing and rewarding successful female role models.
Applications Open: April 1, 2022
Applications Close: June 30, 2022
Recipients Announced: August 30, 2022
Eligibility & selection criteria
- You identify as a woman
- You are a Canadian, Australian or American citizen or permanent resident
- You are enrolled in a full-time, post-secondary trades program
- You must maintain satisfactory academic standing throughout your program
- You have a plan for achieving your education and career goals
- You are committed to updating TransAlta on your progress throughout the duration of your program
- You complete and provide the information as requested by TransAlta
When selecting award recipients, the selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a program of study that support TransAlta’s operations
- Applicant has sufficient academic success and career goals
- Applicant may be a current student/intern at TransAlta
- Applicant may be a dependent of a TransAlta employee
- Applicant has a history of community and volunteer participation
- Contents of applicant’s essay
Application process & checklist
You must submit the application form and all requested documentation by June 30 to be considered. Refer to the checklist on the application form for details of requirements. Incomplete applications and those without the requested documentation will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. TransAlta is not responsible for lost applications. We do not return any of the documentation submitted. We recommend you keep copies for your records. Please contact People_Talent@transalta.com if you have any questions.
- You identify as a woman
- Proof of enrollment in a full-time post-secondary trade program or proof of apprenticeship related to TransAlta’s operations
- Transcripts of last academic year (if applicable)
Please submit a maximum 500-word essay detailing:
- Your academic and career goals
- Any information on community involvement and volunteerism, including any leadership roles
- How you plan to use your education to give back to the women in the community
- How you plan to keep TransAlta informed of your progress in school
- Why you should be the recipient of the bursary
Please submit an application form by June 30
Contact us today
We’re here to answer your questions.
Contact us at email@example.com