- Past Annual and Quarterly Reports
- Annual Information Forms
- Production Summaries
- Management Proxy Circulars
|TA||TSX||TransAlta Corporation Common Shares|
|TAC||NYSE||TransAlta Corporation Common Shares|
|TA.Pr.D||TSX||TransAlta Corporation Series A Preferred Shares|
|TA.Pr.E||TSX||TransAlta Corporation Series B Preferred Shares|
|TA.Pr.F||TSX||TransAlta Corporation Series C Preferred Shares|
|Ta.Pr.H||TSX||TransAlta Corporation Series E Preferred Shares|
|TA.Pr.J||TSX||TransAlta Corporation Series G Preferred Shares|
Common Shares Outstanding
287.9 million (at September 30, 2017)
Stock Splits And Share Considerations
|May 8, 1980||Stock Split||3:1|
|Feb. 1, 1988||Stock Split (see note)||2:1|
Note: The adjusted cost base for shares held on Jan. 31, 1988 is reduced by $0.75 per share subsequent to the Feb. 1, 1988 share split.
The Valuation Date value of common shares owned on December 22, 1971, adjusted for stock splits is $3.79 Cdn. per share.
Shareholders are entitled to one vote for each common share held.
Historical Stock Prices
You can find historical share price and other information about TransAlta Common Shares by clicking here.
Premium Dividend, Dividend Reinvestment And Optional Common Share Purchase Plan
The TransAlta PremiumTM Dividend Reinvestment and Optional Common Share Purchase Plan (the “DRIP”) has been suspended as of January 14, 2016 until further notice.
View news release
On February 21, 2012 TransAlta announced the addition of a Premium Dividend Component to its existing Dividend Reinvestment and Share Purchase Plan. View news release.
On April 29, 2010 the Board of Directors approved the issuance of common shares from Treasury at a three per cent discount under TransAlta’s Dividend Reinvestment and Share Purchase Plan (DRASP), commencing with the common share dividend payable on July 1, 2010. View news release.
As of August 2, 2001, non-registered shareholders can participate in the Plan via CDS & Co. Beneficial owners of common shares should contact their investment dealers to enroll in the Plan and to make optional cash payments.
* Important notice: On Nov. 1, 2010, CIBC Mellon sold its issuer service business to Canadian Stock Transfer Trust Company Inc., now called AST Trust Company (Canada). AST Trust Company (Canada) received approval on Sept. 4, 2013 to commence business as a federally regulated trust company. As such, you will find information forms and contact details, previously located within CIBC Mellon’s Investor Centre and Issuer Centre page. Follow this link to access the AST Trust Company (Canada) website now.
Please contact our transfer agent AST Trust Company (Canada) to access the following services:
- Direct deposit for dividend payments
- Account consolidation (consolidate account registrations to eliminate costly duplicate mailings)
- Address changes and share transfers
Register And Transfer Agent
AST Trust Company (Canada)
P.O. Box 700, Station B
Montreal, QC H3B 3K3