The following are forecasted levels and may not always be current. For current information, please visit Alberta Environment – river basins. Data and advisories are also available through the Alberta Rivers app for iOS and Android.
Any persons using the forecasts below do so at their own risk. The forecasts are updated as often as possible with the data available.
(Last Update: Mar 19, 2018 at 09:15 AM)
|Ghost||Mon Mar 19||1191.2 m||No comments|
|Ghost||Tue Mar 20||1191.2 m||No Comments|
|Ghost||Wed Mar 21||1191.2 m||No comments|
|Ghost||Thu Mar 22||1191.2 m||No comments|
- Ghost reservoir is a working hydro-electric facility that has specific water licencing requirements and TransAlta is legally required to manage the water in accordance with the licence.
- Reservoir levels are affected by a number of different circumstances, not simply power generation.
- Even in normal circumstances, reservoir levels fluctuate. Boaters need to be aware of submerged hazards and floating debris.
- Reservoir elevations are subject to rapid changes during high-flow events as well as drought-like conditions. The public is highly advised to remain clear of all waterways upstream and downstream of hydro facilities, as flows can change rapidly and without notice. TransAlta’s first priority is the safety of its employees, the public and communities where we live and work. Obey all signage and barricades.
- Visitors and campers to Alberta’s parks are advised to review Alberta Parks and Banff National Park for current safety advisories.
- For information on reservoir levels and flows in Alberta, please visit Alberta Environment – river basins.
If you have questions about the information on this page, please contact TransAlta Hydro Operations.
If you need to report an emergency or safety issue with one of our hydro facilities, please telephone 1-877-967-2555.
Use of the river and downstream areas of the dam can be hazardous and information presented on this website, including the actual or projected flows and the operating characteristics of the facilities, may not be accurate or current and should not be relied upon. Any person using flow forecasts or facility information does so at their own risk. TransAlta Corporation, its subsidiaries, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents (“TransAlta”) expressly disclaims any warranties or representations with respect to this website, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of fitness for the purpose of accessing operating plans, forecasts or hydrological or other data and TransAlta makes no warranty or representation that the information is or will be error-free or current. TransAlta, nor anyone else involved in the development of this site, shall be liable for any damages arising or in any way connected to the use or inability to use this site or the information contained on this site, including without limitation, any liability for the accuracy, availability, suitability, reliability, usability, completeness or timeliness of data, or for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages.