Windrise Transmission Project
The proposed Windrise Transmission Project will connect the Windrise Wind Project to Alberta’s electricity system through a transmission line approximately 20-22km in length.
The Windrise Transmission Project will connect the proposed Windrise Wind Project substation to the Alberta Interconnected Electric System in the Municipal District of Willow Creek, Alberta.
TransAlta will be working with local landowners, Indigenous Communities and stakeholders over the upcoming months to determine a preferred route for the Project.
At a Glance
- Location: MD of Willow Creek, 20km south of Fort Macleod
- Technology: To be confirmed
- Length: Approximately 20-22km (final routing to be determined)
- Spring 2019 – Project introduction and environmental surveys begin
- Summer 2019 – Preferred and alternate routes determined
- Fall 2019 – AUC regulatory submission.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss the Windrise Transmission Project, please contact us: