Building a century of experience
With its beginnings in Alberta over 100 years ago, TransAlta’s operations now stretch across Canada and are a part of everyday life for many people.
We continue to invest in energy technologies that advance the responsible use of our resources, and we are transitioning our coal facilities to natural gas as part of our energy mix. Our commitment to re-positioning coal continues as we decommission our oldest coal plants in Alberta and re-fit some of them to run on natural gas.
With our emphasis on renewable sources of energy, we operate hydro sites in Alberta and Ontario, and have expanded our hydro capacity in British Columbia with the 19 MW Bone Creek facility.
TransAlta is also Canada’s largest producer of wind energy with sites in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick. We will continue to expand development into this fuel source.
- TransAlta QuickFacts Brochure
- Ontario Energy Board – TransAlta Application for Electricity Retailer Licence
- Commission de l’énergie de l’Ontario – Requête de TransAlta en vue d’obtenir un permis de détaillant d’électricité
- TransAlta Letter re: DCQ application amendment, March 23, 2015
- Service of Amendment to Requested Relief and Board Response